Line Art Project Continued




Individual Continuation of Line Art Project


After completing the final piece in groups, we were told to then come up with ways to improve it, and then we were to recreate it but individually. I thought this was an interesting task as in a group, the members tend to think of ways to improve it but don't mention it as they don't want to seem like they're changing everything. I, for one, did think of other ways to make the piece better but I thought it was best to go with the group as it wasn't too important. Now, individually, we get to put our own twists on the piece and take it where we want. 

My idea to improve the piece was to find lines around the college and simply take pictures of them. I would take quite a lot as I feel that I would be more accurate with the shape I wanted to make. Also, I can make a line into any shape I want, whether that includes combining some together or not, which would allow me to do a larger range of things.
    I would've liked to take photos of lines on specifically coloured backgrounds so that it would have
 the colour of the shape I created, and it would eliminate the possibility of me having to add unnatural colour using editing software. I believe that nature is a big part of the piece and line art can be included well as I could literally use the lines from the back of a leaf in my piece, or even the grooves in the bark of a tree.
I would only be able to use my phone as I don't have a high quality camera and so I might've been able to complete my individual piece quicker. This is only because I am fully aware of how to operate my phone, but I'm not completely familiar with the workings of a professional camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ian Murphy - Artist Research

Russell Mills - Artist Research