Yorkshire Trip




Yorkshire Sculpture Park Trip


On this trip I decided to take pictures, some of sculptures and some not. It was to show that art and detail is everywhere not just in the intended places. 



I took a picture of a sheep to show the nature that surrounded the sculpture park. Natural life like this is just as beautiful as man-made art.
  I think that the textures of the sheep are intriguing. There are many different ones that I can identify, such as: the fluffiness of the wool, the roughness of the hooves.

I could imagine using these types of materials in experiments, but I can't see myself including them in a final piece. To me, these materials don't seem to have any meanings and so there's no real need to use them unless it was solely for its texture.





This was part of a gate. The design of it really interested me as it's very intricate. There appears to be something wrapping around an arrow. Also, as seen in the background of this image, two arrows cross over. I don't know the meaning behind this nor do I think I could figure it out (if there is one), but it is quite imaginative.





I took this close up picture of these flowers because it shocked me to see that despite the fact that they are very delicate, in the photo the petals don't look particularly thin. This might just be the effect of the bulb shape buds around them that create a sense of a larger thickness.
   The colours are beautiful too, the blue and white mix really well together and I love the gradual changes to each colour in some of the petals.



This may be one of my favourite photos. I took this of the detail scratched into a sculpture. When I look closely I can see the changes in pressure because the scratches are a slightly lighter shade and are also a bit thinner. I really like the effect that they are fading away.


This photo was also taken of a section of one of the sculptures. I really like the appearance of rust because it can have a few different connotations such as erosion, fungus, or oxidation. The fact that this sculpture was outside makes me wonder if it was meant to have rusted. Of course if you were to make a metal sculpture for outdoor display the main concern would be whether it can withstand the weather changes. There don't, however seem to be any patterns in the rust that match over various sections, so this leads me to believe that the rust was created on purpose before the sculpture was placed outside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ian Murphy - Artist Research

Russell Mills - Artist Research